Hope your week is going well! Mine is absolutely flying by. I ended up taking a rest day on Tuesday since one of my shins was feeling wimpy :( I spent the day icing every chance I got, stretching, and doing the “toe yoga” I learned from a physical therapist last spring. I should have at least squeezed in a spin workout since since then I have yet to workout.
Wednesday started another run of three 12s and, to be honest, when I got home last night, I was exhausted. The day was extremely long and draining. I felt like I could never really get ahead on what was happening, and just had so much going on with my patients. Thankfully it all seemed to come together for me by the end of the day, but I was definitely running all day long. I had leftovers from dinner with a friend on Tuesday night, and they might have been what got me through the day :) Not gonna lie, I got home from the hospital, took off my shoes, and collapsed into one of the chair on our porch while talking to my mom on the phone. When I finally forced myself up, I needed to shower, eat dinner, and pack lunch for the next day all before heading to bed for the night.
Today was much calmer- it was still busy- but not as crazy as the day before, and much more manageable. I know prioritizing and scheduling my day will become easier as I get more experience, but I can’t wait until most days are like today. I feel like I have the hang of things and then realize I need help figuring out something that seems so simple, like who to page for which service. But, I’m learning fast! Tomorrow’s my last day this week, and I’m definitely hoping for a repeat of today :)
Anyway, yesterday, after my super crazy day, I was super excited to see that one of my favorite bloggers, Amy from Fitness Meets Frosting, had nominated me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger” award. I can’t believe I was nominated as “inspiring”, especially since recently my blog should be called “Sitting on the Porch in Scrubs” rather than “Running in Scrubs”, but I’m flattered nonetheless :) Thanks lady!
Thank and link to the person who nominated you (duh)
List the rules and display the award (check)
Share seven facts about yourself
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
My 7 facts:
- I am mildly obsessed with pretty much all shows medical. Grey’s, Untold Stories of the ER, and my summer favorite, NY Med, I just can’t get enough. Is this weird since I spend my days in a hospital?
- Pink is my favorite color, and it’s pretty obvious. My running shoes, my laptop cover, my bag for work, my nails, pretty much everything is pink. You’d think I was 6 instead of 26.
- I am OBSESSED with traveling, and wish I could travel the whole world. I’m not exaggerating, I would probably go anywhere, as long as I’d be safe. So far, most of my traveling has been in the US and western Europe, but I’d love to visit eastern Europe, Africa, Asia, and South American (basically everywhere :) ) I’d also LOVE to be able to go on sister trip #2 with Julie, it was so much fun the first time!
- I try to eat healthy, but I’m still not a huge fan of a lot of veggies. As a result, I end up eating the same ones over and over again. I need to learn to expand my palate asap!
- I used to be great at drinking water (hello, look at that bottle I’m holding like my newborn in the above picture), but recently I’ve been slacking, and have found I sometimes have to force myself to drink water. What’s up with that? Anyone else have these issues? I don’t understand!
- I never pre-map my runs when I go running outside. I usually just determine how long I want to run, and try to create a course as I go. This leads to me exploring lots of new roads which helps keep my runs interesting, and me more engaged. This also leads to me sometimes having to pull up a map on my phone to figure out where I am, but it keeps it fun :)
- I love storms in summer, especially at night. They help me sleep, which is great when I’m working :)
Okay, now for my recommendations:
Sorry there aren’t more right now, it’s late and I’m working tomorrow!
Nurses- can you relate? Everyone- how’s your week?